Andrea shared this award with her commentors.
Fun times in the snow!
Hmmm...yum, snow tastes good!
Laughing when she fell over.
Flower blooming and there's snow.
Leftover material from her curtains, an apron for a christmas present. I actually did the majority of it, and the hubs finished it.
The hubs sewed the pillows in the middle (cream colored ones) and I did the closing stitches.
Added red glittery spikes and berries.
The far right color is the color we picked up to start our room this weekend!
The little one's finished room. The pretty pink painted stairs.
The curtains the hubs sewed and I spray painted the metal words above the windows.
Other side of the room.
Close up of the material for the curtains.
Pretty new lighting.
So, last night we arrived at the theater, redeemed our online tickets, got the popcorn and soda and headed into the packed theater. I was nervous about seating, but we snagged the last 3 seats in the upper section thank goodness. For all of you Harry Potter fans they show a trailer for the new one, it looks good, and says it's coming out in July. Ok, so for my take on the movie, overall I thought it was good. I loved some parts, others were really cheesy in my opionion, some disappoint with how they showed some things and left certain things out that I would have loved to see. Loved Edward, he was played very well by Rob P. Some of the other characters grew on me, not what I pictured at all for some of the characters so it was interesting to see their take. Was disappointed with the lack of roles Emmett and Jasper seemed to have in the movie. Anyone else feel like that? What are your thoughts?
I must go get the little one and myself dressed to run some errands. Have a wedding to go to this afternoon/evening so I'm hoping tonight or tomorrow can play catch up on here. I know I have lots of comment love to return everyone! :o)
1. And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
2. Before you my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars-points of light and reason. And then you shot across the sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.
3. Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
4. You are exactly my brand of heroin.
5. “Aren’t you hungry?” he asked, distracted. “No.” I didn’t feel like mentioning that my stomach was already full - of butterflies.
6. So you see, Hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you.
7. About three things I was certain. First, Edward Cullen was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him, and I don't know how dominant that part might be, that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.
8. The right thing isn’t always real obvious. Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else.
9. It’s an off day when I don’t get someone telling me how edible I smell.
10. I am switzerland. I refuse to be affected by territorial disputes between mythical creatures.
11. I don’t seem strong enough to stay away from you, so I suppose that you’ll get your way…whether it kills you or not.
12. But if you ever bring her back damaged again - and I don’t care whose fault it is; I don’t care if she merly trips, or if a meteor falls out of the sky and hits her in the head - if you return her to me in less that perfect condition that I left her in, you will be running with three legs. Do you understand that mongrel?
13. Edward’s like a drug for you, Bella. I see that you can’t live without him. It’s too late. But I would have been healthier for you. Not a drug; I would have been the air, the sun.
The Package in all of it's prettiness!
Look at the pretty wrapping paper!
Everything laid out before I dug into to unwrapping the goodies.
And the Aftermath. :o)
And in case you can't see everything here's the awesome goodies I got, can't wait to use them all. Snowman ornament, favorite coffee, sparkly confetti, lip balm, homemade cards and tags, mascara, tea towel, wooden spoon, margarita - shampoo/shower gel/bubble bath, pink sparkly ornament, taffy, chocolate & caramel (yum!), chai tea, scrappy goodies, Pampered Chef recipe booklet, and Home Companion magazine. For my first blog swap this was a blast. Thank you Jaime!
And two pics of the little one taken the other night.
"Look Mom, it's Daddy!"
And to top off my week, the printoff of my tickets to see TWILIGHT Friday night! Woo-HOOOOOOOOO!
Your dominant hues are green and blue. You're smart and you know it, and want to use your power to help people and relate to others. Even though you tend to battle with yourself, you solve other people's conflicts well.
Your saturation level is very low - you have better things to do than jump headfirst into every little project. You make sure your actions are going to really accomplish something before you start because you hate wasting energy making everyone else think you're working.
Your outlook on life is very bright. You are sunny and optimistic about life and others find it very encouraging, but remember to tone it down if you sense irritation.
And a new great blog that I've started following Jamie at StampinMom, my swap partner in the Mamarazzi Favorite Things Swap I was just in, is having a great giveaway for the issue "Christmas Ideas" from Better, Home & Gardens. I know I would love it to help my creativity grow, go on over to her blog here and enter for your chance.
And the After Product So Far:
Do you believe people are basically good?
If you could change the custom of shaking hands, what would you replace it with? - I wouldn't change it. I like shaking hands, you can tell a lot about someone with how they shake your hand.
What is something that you enjoy that is a chore for most other people? - Hmmm...this would be a toss between vacuuming and washing dishes (althought hate cleaning the kitchen and putting away clean dishes). Both of them are pretty mindless tasks, where I can just blast some music and think about stuff.
In other news, we got ambitious yesterday with the hubs painting Emma's new room/our old, and decided to invite over the IL's and have them help move all of her furtinure up and ours down. He has three more coats of paint to do on the ceilings before her room is finished completely with just the paint. Then it comes to time of unpacking and getting some nice organization things for her toys and books. Our new room will not be painted for another 2 weeks probably. Will just definitely be happy when I don't have to look at zoo animals. I took some before pictures and will head up there this afternoon to take some afters of the paint. Just keep in mind these are not finished products! :o)
Ok, well I really must wrap this up because I need to get ready to head to the visitation before little C.J.D's funeral @ 11. And to the post office to mail my favorite things swap. Pictures will be following this afternoon during nap.
Big smiles for mommy, while sitting down to get her new boots on.
Running around, being goofy!
And the holiday bug has hit even though I won't allow myself to pull stuff out for decorating yet. I saw these ornaments last year and really wanted to do some this year. My mom found two 4 packs at a yardsale for $1, so she parted with them and gave them to me. My tip though to anyone wanting to do them, I used a pencil at first, but then I couldn't get them rolled small enough with the thicker paper to fit through the opening, so switched to a toothpick, and they stay more tightly wrapped this way also.
I was pretty productive yesterday in getting ready for Mamarazzi's Favorite Things Swap. I went shopping for all of my goodies Thursday night and spent yesterday afternoon wrapping it all. I hope my partner loves some of the stuff that I love. Here's a picture of all of the goodies.
And almost two years ago after Christmas I bought two big wreaths and all of the trimmings to decorate them. The crafting bug has hit me for holiday goodness so called my mom up at work last night and said that when I get off I'd be picking them up to do this weekend. Instead she offered to help so went there when I got off and here are the end results. Of course the picture doesn't really do them justice, but the colors are burgandy and gold and I'm very pleased wih my first time doing a wreath. Here's a picture taken last night when I got home.
Ok, I must wrap this up so that I can get some cleaning done around here so when the hubs gets home from work this afternoon he won't think I just bummed around the whole day. Happy Saturday everyone!
1. Please feel free to leave a comment whenever you visit.
1. No singing in the bathtub.
2. Housewives should clean properly law.
3. 16 Women per house limit!
4. No nap on the fridge law.
5. No getting married drunk!
6. No public woodys allowed in Allentown.
7. Illegal to wear cosmetics.
8. Fire hydrant check-up law.
9. No horses on parking meters.
10. The anti backwards eating peanut law.
11. No donkeys on the trolley cars.
12. Don't shoot stray dogs.
13. Motorists, light off a rocket every 10 miles.
Second want to say a BIG congrats to J & C, women from my mommy group who found out they are expecting.
Thirdly, Emma had her first big fall last night and I wasn't even hear. The hubs said she was 1/3 of the way up the stairs and she started to turn around basically did a cartwheel down the stairs, landing on her back. She seemed more shocked then anything, but he said she cried for a while. This morning her left eye around her eyebrow is swollen and she has two marks around that eye. But otherwise she seems in good spirits.
Fourthly, I'm glad to have today off from work. Woke up with a sore throat, so hope that it doesn't turn into more and just goes away.
Fifthly, I had to fill my tire again yesterday, so there is some kind of leak. It's going in the shop for other work Monday so they are going to check it out. Here's hoping it can just be a patch instead of a new tire.
Rave - Go Obama. Yes I voted for him. I do not need to defend my reason. Most of all this has been such a historical moment for our country. I'm proud to have been a part of it. There was such a high from just getting out to vote. And knowing that my voice counted for something. I personally am glad to see a new perspective in office.
And when I got in my van to go pick up my sister, I noticed that my tire pressure sensor was on, so had to go fill that with air. Another first, since the hubs always takes care of that kind of stuff for me. After voting we headed to Salval and I got some pieces that need some TLC and makeover. I'm excited to delve into those projects in the next couple weeks! Still thinking and tossing around ideas though. Will post some before's and after's when I have them done.
How many hours of TV do you watch per week? Do you feel that's too much, not enough or just right?
Which of the 5 senses do you feel is your strongest sense?
What's the wackiest belief you held as a child?
So, this is my first time doing this. I found this great blog called Fruitville Thoughts. She does vinyl clings. We are about to delve into switching rooms with our daughter so she'll have more space for her toys and re-decorating. So, she designed this beautiful cling for me that I can't wait to put up on the wall above our bed. It's going to be a chocolate brown, my new obsession of color.
ETA: ok, so with my background you can't really appreciate the beauty of it, but if you highlight it it's a little better.