I got this email today that I thought I'd fwd on to everyone. scrapnfonts has this gorgeous free font (http://www.scrapnfonts.com/searchdetail.php?psku=12133). I personally def. plan on using it for next years cards/gift tags.
Most of all I just want to wish everyone a wonderful and safe Christmas with your families and loved ones. Enjoy every moment! And let's celebrate Jesus birth!
I am going to be gone probably until the new year, but will be back full force then! I wish you all a Happy New Year too!
I promise the next few days to return the comment love that I've gotten this week.
So, a couple week's ago I called our portrait studio - and to my amazement they were already booked solid until after Christmas. I mean really how did I let the time get away from me that I'm missing out on our yearly family picture and getting Emma's pictures. I swear it's like an addiction I love taking her and looking through all of the great shots they get. But looks like we're doing without our family picture at Christmas this year, perhaps at Easter we'll do one, and the hubs and I decided we could try and take them ourselves. We took about 20 of them and the last shot was the keeper! My little girl is growing up, I mean yes I knew that, but man she just looks so grown up to me in this picture.
Today the hubs and me spent the day cleaning up the house some and baking. Yes, I was actually able to convince him to help me with pretty much all of the baking. We made 4 different cookies, peppermint bark, baklava, and there's still a dough in the fridge being chilled which will just have to wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow left to do - make fudge, last cookie batch and gingerbread house. Needless to say, I'm sick and tired of washing dishes, I felt like I was always washing a sink full of dishes. Put away clean one's twice and there's another set out drying now. Bleah! Why can't this old house have a bigger kitchen for me to get a dishwasher?
And last night we made an impromptu trip out to Candy Lane, that Hershey Park puts on every year. It was in the 50's so why not take advantage of the nice weather for some outdoors christmas fun. Tons of gorgeous lights and they had 30 rides open throughout the park. Emma wasn't that into the rides, we did the Merry-Go-Round and she hated it. She's gripping that horse like there's no tomorrow, and we didn't even have one that moved up and down. We went up the kissing tower, where we got to see the whole park, as soon as we went up she kept saying down, down, down. It was cute. We did do the antique cars and she most defintely loved that the most. Hopefully when we go back in a couple years she'll like it more.
She looks so tiny at the one sign of lights.
Looks like I'm getting kisses, but she didn't want to let go of me.
She's gripping that pole on the horse.
Here we are moving on the ride. She hated it. The hubs said everytime we went by he'd hear her say "mommmmmmmmy". I couldn't help but laugh and try and soothe her
Picture of us.
We got to see the reindeer.
Daddy and Emma, looking over the bridge at the ducks.
1. OMG to these candies! Candy Cane Hershey Kisses are here to stay! I have 5 left, so that means I've eaten a bag of these yummy goodness in a week & two days time. I will say to my defense Emma has gotten into them a handful of times, it took her all of 2 seconds to unwrap one and pop it in her mouth.
2. This stuff has been out for a while, but I had avoided it like the plague for crafting. Why? I don't really know. But yesterday did two crafts with Emma with it, and it's one of my favorite mediums now. So easy to cut and sticks well. Craft foam is one of the greatest things!
3. I love good smelling laundry. I have started using this new Downy Total Care. The one thing I love about it, is that my clothes keep the scent. Before didn't really matter what I used and you'd have to get close to smell it. Now I can just smell it's yummy goodness wafting up to me when carrying the basket of clothes. Even the hubs has commented on the smell.
4. I had loved this stuff before, but they keep coming up with new kinds for different things you need for your hair. My hair has never been more silky and smooth. And it smells good to! LOVE IT!
5. This months issue of Scrapbooks, Etc. I always love getting the lastest issue. I read it cover to cover and love seeing everything the have in their and that other fellow scrappers are doing.
Getting ready to help daddy push down the cookie cutter.
The end results, yummy! Emma decorated them all.
Taste Testing - I think they got two thumbs up!
Enjoying some homemade chex mix and smiling at daddy!
Snowflakes that the hubs and me did. He did the Emma one, which I think turned out awesome!
Playing around with my camera trying to get a night shot of the tree.
Look what I figured out to do. It was lots of fun! :o)
Tuesday night I swung by my mom's to pick up some craft stuff and she surprised me with having this christmas ball tree for me that she finished earlier in the evenings. Isn't it gorgeous?
And had to try out the fun light shot on this too.
And we get to enjoy the trainset we got on clearance after Christmas, it's my favorite!
Come inside for a little visit and as you pass by look at the pretty wreath I got over the weekend.
Many years ago my mom made these for the family, a santa, the base is a clorox bottle cut in half, felt and lots of yarn.
And here's my nativity set, that the FIL has made. This year I'll get the final 3 peices, the wise men, where am I going to fit them all I have no clue yet, but they are pretty!
SalVal finds that have been spray painted and tons of goodies hot glued on for my new holiday centerpiece. The pine cones are the ones we found on Thanksgiving day.
Come into the living room and take a gander at all of the goodies on my shelving unit.
Our christmas tree all done.
Here's the top of the tv console.
End table - as Emma would say the daddy snowman, mommy snowman, and baby snowman.
As your heading up the stairs watch out for all of the pillows.
Here's a better view of them lining up the staircase.
Sorry for the poor quality on this, the light in the background threw it off some.
Closer view of the garland.