coffee filters. A couple months ago I came across Lindsay's tutorial on making the bookpage wreath. It was instant love. A few weeks ago Lindsay had $5 Challenge up, you had to create a something out of only spending $5 and whatever you had on hand. When browsing through I came across Lynda's blog post where she made the wreath out of coffee filters.
I knew then that I had to make this, I have tons of extra coffee filters just laying around. I mixed up a light green paint color and painted the ends of 3 bunches of filters. Then the Hubs and me separated them. This was the longest process.
This is the back of the wreath.
Front view - with the back done.
At first I decided to just finish a complete section, which was a good starting point for the rest of the front, but then I preferred doing rows and filling it in that way.
Like this, and for the next row, I'd glue it inbetween the two previous points.
Afterwards, check all around it and fill in if needed anywhere, mine needed it around the outer middle. Here's the finished product.
And hanging up on our living room door - needless to say, I LOVE IT! The green tips are very subtle, and you can't see them in this photo, but think it looks great in person. I got nice compliments about it when we had the luncheon after Avalynn's baptism on Sunday.
I'm linking to Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage & Blue Cricket Design & Show and Share Day @ Just a Girl & &