4.06.2010

DIY - Tissue Paper Flowers

Next weekend on Sunday the 18th we are having Baby Girl baptised.  I'm beyond excited and looking forward to celebrating with our families afterwards back at our place.  Since Hubs is still laid off (entering 5 months now) I decided to scrounge around and come up with some inexpensive decorations that I could make.

I went to the Dollar Tree and picked up two packs of tissue paper.  Can't beat $2 for this project.  Already had on hand the floral wire, wire cutters, and scissors.  I made two different sized flowers.  The first you will see is using the full sheets of tissue paper.  The 2nd version I just cut the paper in half.


I started off by pulling out all of the pink pieces and lining them up. 


I started accordion filing the paper, approximately 1-1 1/2 inches wide.



I then cut the both ends, so they were rounded.



I wrapped a piece of floral wire around the middle and started pulling up the layers.  This is half of the flower done.



Here's what the full flower looked like.



Here's the 2nd version - using half a sheet of tissue paper.



Forgot to take a picture, but for this flower I cut a pointed arrow on each end.  Here's half the flower pulled.



Both of the flowers completed.



I have a few more to make and plan on hanging these from the ceiling over the food tables in our dining room.  I can't wait to see my vision come together! 

No comments: