5.17.2011

Chicken Cheese Crescents Recipe

Last week I mentioned I’d share the recipe for one of my pictures I posted on the 12 on 12 challenge

Ingredients:

- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, we prefer the Garlic Butter ones for some extra flavor
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken soup, we prefer Campbell’s Healthy Request
- dollop of butter
- some shredded mild cheddar

Cook your chicken breasts by baking or boiling.  I prefer to throw them in one of those oven bags so they are moist and tender.  Shred and chop up the chicken breasts.  In a saucepan heat up the cream of chicken soup, butter, and a handful or two of shredded cheese.  While that is heating, unroll your crescent rolls, lay your chopped chicken on the dough, roll it up like you normally would.  I do a line of the heated mixture down two sides of a 9x13 casserole dish.  Lay your stuffed crescent rolls on the lines.  Then put one spoonful of the mixture on top of each crescent.  If you have leftover just dump it.  I then sprinkle some more cheese on top of the whole dish.  Bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes. 

I promise this will be a big hit! 

1 comment:

Amber - Binkertation said...

mmm yum!! THANKS! I think this would be easily customizable too as far as adding in different veggies or cheeses. I will be trying it no doubt :)