8.30.2010

Phase 2 Dining Room Furniture

After a week of priming, painting, painting, oh and perhaps painting another coat or two, spray painting the hardware that could be salvaged and getting new, this is what we ended up with.  I used Chris from Just A Girl's advice on painting furniture, which can be found here.  In case you don't remember, click here for the Before, and now the After.

We took off the bar top, took out the wine rack from the center cubby and added two baskets.  My Gramma (who gave us the bar/buffet and dining room table) thought we bought a new piece of furniture. 


I'm so pleased with our $20 Craigslist re-do!
Still to do, decor, wall art, rug, find dining room chairs - am happy with our work in progress dining room though.
I'm linking to these parties.


Photobucket

18 comments:

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Just stopping by from the link party at Anything Related. I've always admired anyone that can redo furniture and your's turned out great!

cushy said...

nice peices. $20 is a steal for the chest.

Lindsay @ 402CenterStreet.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful! I just bought a buffet table that I'm thinking about refinishing. Gotta love those rough but cheap craigslist finds!

Kara said...

Love the transformation! The bright white finish is amazing...great job!

Unknown said...

I love it! You know you did a great job when the person who gave it to you doesn't even recognize it, lol.

New follower via My Backyard Eden!
-Ann Marie

Megan Gunyan said...

Wow, what a transformation! Amazing what a little paint and new handles can do, right? It looks amazing! Great job.

Lisa said...

It looks great! You transformed it into something very contemporary!

bj said...

OMGosh..I am so totally in love with these two pieces but that one with the baskets...AWESOME !!

Diane said...

Lovvvve how this turned out. Really neat and pretty.

Ginger said...

Turned out great! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Page said...

Just found your blog through the Paisley Passions link up. Cute stuff! I'll be following you now :)

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Thanks for joining in on the first Thrilling Thursday linky party @ Paisley Passions. I hope you will join in again next week :)

~Lori

Jumping Jack said...

Wow! That looks great!

Olivia said...

Good job! It looks great!

Kate said...

That looks great! Thanks for linking my party, come back next week! :)

Becky@Organizing Made Fun said...

Oh, this is so cute! I am just getting ready to do this TOMORROW to a buffet I'm moving into my kitchen as an extra surface (I even bought a remnant of marble to top it). It looks great and I love the link you gave too....I already knew everything on how to paint it, but it's just nice to know I am going about it right! Stopping by from Remodelaholic!

the cape on the corner said...

that looks great! love the baskets! stopping by from my backyard eden.

Megan Gunyan said...

GREAT job! I love it. I'd love for you to share this at my link party going on now! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com