It's finally Thursday, which means one more nights sleep before the Twilight premiere. So, in honor of my obsession/love of Twilight, thirteen of my favorite quotes from the books.
1. And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
2. Before you my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars-points of light and reason. And then you shot across the sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.
3. Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
4. You are exactly my brand of heroin.
5. “Aren’t you hungry?” he asked, distracted. “No.” I didn’t feel like mentioning that my stomach was already full - of butterflies.
6. So you see, Hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you.
7. About three things I was certain. First, Edward Cullen was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him, and I don't know how dominant that part might be, that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.
8. The right thing isn’t always real obvious. Sometimes the right thing for one person is the wrong thing for someone else.
9. It’s an off day when I don’t get someone telling me how edible I smell.
10. I am switzerland. I refuse to be affected by territorial disputes between mythical creatures.
11. I don’t seem strong enough to stay away from you, so I suppose that you’ll get your way…whether it kills you or not.
12. But if you ever bring her back damaged again - and I don’t care whose fault it is; I don’t care if she merly trips, or if a meteor falls out of the sky and hits her in the head - if you return her to me in less that perfect condition that I left her in, you will be running with three legs. Do you understand that mongrel?
13. Edward’s like a drug for you, Bella. I see that you can’t live without him. It’s too late. But I would have been healthier for you. Not a drug; I would have been the air, the sun.