10.15.2010

Pregnancy & Infant Loss Rememberance Day

Today mark's my 4th year partaking in this day.  Crazy how slow & fast time has gone.  It actually didn't even dawn on me that it was already that time of year until I had a reminder in my events column on Facebook.  Tonight @ 7pm, I'll be at my mom's surrounded by my beautiful family and I will be lighting 4 candles - in remembrance of my 4 beautiful angels that got their wings early to heaven.  To read last year's post on this, click here. I also have my infertility story written out, click here, if you want to read through my journey.

For more information on this day, go to this website or this site. 2,000 women a day have a loss, that totals 700,000 a year.  The idea being that everyone is invited to light a candle at 7pm on this day, across the world.  If everyone burns a candle at 7pm for one hour, there will be a continuous wave of light across the world.  When you think about it like that - it's a pretty awesome act.

I am thinking of each and every woman & man who has had a pregnancy or infant loss on this day.  We are strong and will continue remembering our babies always.  Even if this doesn't apply to you, please pass along to your friends and family because awareness of this needs to get out and discussed more than what it is.


Photobucket

No comments: