10.08.2010

DIY - Baby Booties

Over the summer I was blog hopping and someone showed a pair of baby booties they made from Precious Patterns Etsy shop.  And what can I say - I fell in love with some of their styles.  So I ordered the pattern and it's been sitting in my inbox waiting for to be made into an adorable pair for Miss Avalynn.

So - when shoe shopping last Friday for my shoes for the wedding the next day, procrastinate much? - nope not me!  I picked up a pair of silver dress shoes for Miss A, only to get home and realize they were way too big.  At least she can grow into them.  But she definitely needed something for her little piggies, fall weather has decided to grace us with her presence finally and I didn't want her little piggies cold.  I remembered this pattern I had.  Unfortuantely, on hand I only had some $.99 felt from Michael's and I rummaged through my ribbon stash and found the perfect color for her dress.

I must admit that the Hubs actually is the one who sewed them, he's much better at my sewing machine than I am (he's the one who taught me how to use it) and as it was the only piece of felt in that color we had, I really didn't want to mess them up.  I cut out the pieces and pieced them together.

Anyways - these were so simple to make and adorable to boot! *no pun intended*



I'm participating in these parties, Just A Girl, It's FUN to Craft, House of Hepworths, & Fingerprints on the Fridge.
Photobucket



8 comments:

EllensCreativePassage said...

Very very cute!

Unknown said...

Visiting from It's Fun To Craft. These are adorable! Might have to try some shoes for my tiny person.

lanni @ dandygiveaway.blogspot.com said...

these are SO cute! talk about using what you have -- i love it!

Amber - Binkertation said...

Kat, those booties are ridiculously adorable!!

Your blog is looking amazing these days, by the way. I can see that I have A LOT to learn from you :) I hope you'll share your secrets.

mypixieblog said...

OMG! Those boots are absolutely adorable :) The ribbon is a very nice touch.

Adi said...

Too cute!

Visiting from alohacrafts.blogspot.com

recklessbliss said...

Wow these are so cute, I'm in love with them! I wish they came in my size since I don't have a baby girl to put them on haha. Great blog, your family is lovely. Stop by mine sometime for a chat!
Heidi@RecklessBliss
xoxo

Heather said...

So cute! Wish I could sew, I've never had the patience for it! Those are adorable!