9.29.2011

Baby/Nursery Sewing Projects

During my pregnancy with B, I knew there were some things that I wanted to try sewing for her nursery and some of the baby items we’ll be using.  I had previously shown the burp rags I made, here.  Next up I wanted to recover the bumpers that we had in A’s nursery.  Personally, I found it incredibly hard to narrow down fabrics.  I searched tons of places on-line and finally we just headed to Joann’s and the Hubs saw the outer fabric first, knew it was perfect and had the colors I wanted!  If I ever recover a set of bumper pads again, I definitely want to do the piping detail, which I didn’t do on B’s.

2011-09-12 12.58.01

2011-09-12 12.58.09

Next up I wanted to make another boppy cover.  I had to improvise since I bought the wrong yardage then what was recommended and a zipper half the size that was recommended, can I blame pregnancy brain and not writing it down?  Thankfully, it still turned out great, love the colors and that one side is a flannel, soft and warm.

2011-09-05 16.23.58

Last project was actually completed by the Hubs.  Recovering the infant carrier carseat.  Only thing I helped with was tearing out all of the seams.  The fabric for this we checked out the home décor fabrics as they are more heavy duty.

2011-09-18 22.36.32

IMG_8802

Doing these projects has increased my love of sewing so much.  All fabrics were bought on sale and with coupons and I love how each of these are personalized especially for her, especially since they are hand me downs from Miss A.

2 comments:

Michaela (aka Mama Michie) said...

Look at all you got done! It all turned out beautiful, especially the beautiful little girl in the last photo!! Congrats!!!!

Amber - Binkertation said...

wow, you have done SO much and everything looks amazing - especially that adorable baby girl ;)