Couple weeks ago, was perusing one of my favorite site’s Pinterest and came across a recipe for Peach Leather.
Here’s the recipe:
4 Ripe Peaches (skin on)
1 Tbsp Honey
1. Preheat oven to 225 F degrees.
2. Rinse and remove seeds from peaches.
3. Place the peaches and honey in a blender and puree until smooth.
4. Pour the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and spread with the back of a spoon or spatula in a large rectangle (my rectangle was 11 x 15 inches) making sure that the thickness is completely even.
5. Bake for 3-4 hours or until dry and not sticky to the touch. Remember, cooking times will vary depending on how thick you spread your mixture and how much water (juice) is naturally in the fruit.
6. Set aside and cool at room temperature; it takes several hours for the fruit to soften up. Note that when you first take the fruit leather out of the oven, the edges will be a bit dry and crispy, but if you allow it to sit out for several hours it softens up nicely.
7. Cut with a knife, pizza cutter or scissors into strips, keeping the paper on if desired, then roll the leather into “roll ups”.
They say that cooking times could vary based on the thickness of your mixture and your oven, so anywhere from only 2 hours to 4 hours.
Here’s what I learned: Definitely make sure you have the same thickness all over, I thought I did, and I so did not, therefore only 1/2 of my pan was usuable. The thinner part was just beyond done and another portion after 4 hrs was still very wet, wouldn’t even pull off the parchment paper.
Both girls’ loved this for their dessert tonight. This is a definite addition to my recipe book and I look forward to trying other fruits.
Have you tried making any fruit snacks or leather's? Any favorite recipes?