8.04.2011

Baby Stuff on the Brain

I decided early on in this pregnancy that I was going to conquer my sewing machine and make everything for Miss B’s nursery.  I had a little practice sewing up some burp rags for 2 of my friends baby showers in the Spring. 

First up I went to Joann’s and picked up some fat quarters and flannel for the backing.  Here’s the finished 11 burp rags.

IMG_8625

IMG_8629

I also knew I wanted to make her a quilt.  I was reading through my daily reads and saw this one that Jessica from Happy Together made for her oldest daughter.  I instantly fell in love with it, the pattern is actually from Oh, Fransson!, here.

Then the dilemma of what colors I wanted to be in the nursery.  Originally I started looking at fabric lines, where everything would coordinate.  Then I decided to go to my favorite place Etsy, where I just bought fabrics that I liked and thought would go relatively well together.  I got everything from SewFreshFabrics and was impressed with the quickness the fabric arrived.

IMG_8606

Let me just say that I pre-washed all of these and oh man what a pain.  Lesson learned to get some starch to help with wrinkles, it felt like it was never ending ironing.  The Hubs made me up this template from a heavy placemat we picked up at Target. 

IMG_8632

It took me 2 nights to complete the front, excuse the poor lighting, it was late and I wanted a picture, still need to take a better one in the daylight.

2011-07-18 22.24.46

Now to get a flat sheet for the back piece, batting, and finally binding it all together.  I can’t wait to share it when it’s finished finished.  Overall, for my 1st quilt, am really happy with how it turned out. 

Next on the list:
- Finish Quilt
- Make crib bumpers
- Make crib skirt
- Make some crib sheets
- Make a mobile
- Recover cushion on rocking chair/make some throw pillows
- Make new boppy cover

So, much to do, am hoping in the next week or two that the Hubs will take me out to Lancaster, as there are tons of quilt shops and I can find the rest of the fabrics to finish these projects up.

No comments: