11.11.2010

DIY - "Non" Topiaries

I'm sure you all have seen these DIY Topiaries around blogland.  This has been sitting in my must have, must do pile for while.  I finally tackled it last month.  

Supplies needed:  
- Container(s): I had two, one from Michael's end of summer clearance less than $2 and the second one was a pencil cup from Target's dollar spot that I covered in rope. 
- Styrofoam Ball(s)
- Dark colored spray paint
- Boxwood Bush: I searched all of my local craft stores and couldn't find this, so ended up ordering it off of HobLob, here.   
- Pair of Scissors

Before picture of the pencil cup and some supplies. 

The styrofoam balls spray painted, containers ready, and the balls pushed in some. 
I didn't take pictures of the next step because I honestly forgot.  But I did what Sarah over at Thrifty Decor Chick did at the end of this post, cutting each sprig into 3rd's.  And I bought two boxwood bush's and only have a little bit left.  

The finished rope non-topiary on a Pottery Barn pedestal I thrifted for $1!!! 

This is the perfect addition to our dining room.  



Photobucket

1 comment:

Amber said...

oh my gosh - they turned out SO cute and you have inspired me!