4.29.2011

Friday Confessions

Photobucket


It's Friday again, which means confessing time -  it always feel good to confess!

I confess...I know I'm pregnant by all of the Food pictures and recipes I pin on pinterest lately.  Everything just looks and sounds so yummy!

I confess...I have a problem.  I have this mindless thing I do, I tap my fingers or toes in an arch shape and will count in 3's or 5's.  I never count above 100, and will just automatically start back over at 1.  I never realize I'm doing it until after I've cycled through to 100 once or twice.  The Hubs' will look over at me sometimes and see I'm tapping something and will just start counting aloud, making me realize that I'm doing it.  I haven't always done this, it's just come to light in the past couple years.  It's one of my many quirks.

I confess...this week has quickly gone down hill and feels like the week that won't end.  My wonderful amazing Gramma - has been battling cancer for almost 5 years.  She was admitted in the hospital Saturday because she's been in severe pain.  The news has come back from her tests this week and it isn't good, the cancer has spread extensively throughout her.  She's getting a stent put in one of her kidney's today, to alleviate some pain she's in.  Hospice has been called and is delivering a medical bed and other things to her house this weekend.  She just wants to go home.

I confess...It's extremely hard to be going through all of this.  She and I share a birthday.  When my parents split she became my little sister and I's 2nd home.  It's been so great to see her sing the same songs and say the same nursery rhymes to my girls' as she did with me growing up.

I confess...the night I found out the news I was crying and Emma asked me what was wrong.  I told her that Gramma was sick and wasn't going to get better.  Emma asked me if it was because she didn't take her medicine.  It brought a good chuckle out of me and I explained to her that no medicine could be taken, that she was sick on the inside.

I confess...The Hubs and I have decided regardless what we are having, only 3 1/2 more days until we find out, we will be using my Gramma's middle name Lee.

I confess...I'm so glad to have an amazing extended family who is all there for each other during this time and I have the bestest friends who are here for me during this time.

I confess...Miss A  knows exactly what I need and has been showering me with extra hugs and kisses the past couple days.

I confess...I didn't plan on getting all of this out today, but am glad, as I feel a little better.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your grandmother. Hang in there.

Dee said...

Aww honey, I'm so sorry about your Grandmother! I lost my Mom 11 years ago to lung cancer, it is the hardest thing I've ever been through. You feel so damn helpless.

Hugs, have a great weekend!

VandyJ said...

Cancer sucks! Hope the time you have with her is the best.

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry about your Gramma. I hope they can help her stay as pain free and comfortable as possible.

Randomlicious Memoirs said...

You know who A is? ! Sorry I watch way too much Pretty Little Liars...I'm 17...not really 17...

Seriously though, I am very sad and sorry for your gramma..I know how it feels to lose a gramma and see her go through pain and hospice...I was a lot younger though and I took it REAL hard. What your daughter asked was funny though. I'm so glad you have people there for you! I hope all will be well.

Congrats on the baby!

Deann said...

You know I'm thinking of you but I wanted to come on here and tell you how bad I hurt for you. It is so hard to let them go, but I know you are going to cherish each moment you have left. HUGS!!

Lindsey said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, thoughts are with you. My middle name is Lee, so is my grandma's and so is my aunt's so OBVI I'm all about it for your baby.

Me = Lindsey Lee (just in case it's a girl)

Aunt = Vicki Lee

Grandma = Sandra Lee

TGIF!

Stacie said...

What a wonderful tribute your baby's name will be to an obviously well loved grandmother. Prayers and hugs.

Amber - Binkertation said...

so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Kat - your family will be in my thoughts and what an amazing to tribute to her with the middle name of Lee.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. My mom just passed away, and it's something I never could really understand before. Which is why I started the blog - to help me live my life bigger in honor of her. My thoughts are with you.

Impulsive Addict said...

Aw, I have an Emma too. That is just sad. I'm sorry.

But I do think you need to get some help with that OCD disorder you got going on with the tapping! lol

I'm kidding!

Thanks for visiting my bloggy blog yesterday! Have a fab weekend!