4.21.2011

Easter Egg Fun

It’s a tradition in our home ever since Emma was 1 years old that we would dye Easter eggs every year.  We tend to mix up the kits we get.  This year we opted for the dunking the egg completely and being able to paint with cotton swabs.  We even had Avalynn do her own egg, she loved doing it, but kept wanting to eat the cotton swab or touch her skin or clothes.  So, she didn’t do as much as I’m sure she would have preferred, but she’s officially done her 1st one! Now for some pics:

IMG_7751

IMG_7755

IMG_7763

After looking at the pictures, I was reminded of a funny story.  I had decided to write each girls’ first initial on an egg.  The Hubs looks at me and asks if I was going to write the rest of the letters.  Um, last I checked we only had two kids, E = Emma & A = Avalynn.  Finally, after going around in circles talking this over, it comes to light he thought I was spelling out Easter.  Perhaps, you had to be there, but it still makes me chuckle thinking back over our conversation. 

Have you done any egg dye’ing with your little one’s yet?

2 comments:

Amber - Binkertation said...

cute girls and cute eggs!! I bought everything we need for Easter egg dying and haven't done it - ooops. Audrey did dye Easter eggs with the grandparents last weekend, however, so I'm not feeling too guilty. I'll just hold onto it for next year if we don't get to them - no biggie :) I like your story, too - I can imagine Shaun and I having an interaction like that.

Unknown said...

How fun! I love how little miss A is trying to keep the swab away from you! We're dying eggs tomorrow and I'm anxious to see how that goes.