10.29.2008

Thursday Thirteen

My 3rd edition. Woo-hoo! Today's theme is going to be quotes that have been popping up at me a lot lately or my favorites.

1. The days are long but the years are short.
2. Never make someone your world when they've only made you an option.
3. I do not want to get to the end of my life and find I've only lived the length of it, I want to have lived the width of it as well.
4. Love the life you live, live the life you love.
5. Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footsteps, and kill nothing but time.
6. Life is about what you give, not what you get.
7. Realize what's important in your life, what you can live with, but more importantly what you can't live without.
8. A daughter may outgrow your lap, but will never outgrow your heart.
9. I am me & that's who I want to be.
10. The tattoo is the mark of the soul. It can act as a window through which we can see inside, or it can be a shield to protect us from those who cannot see past the surface.
11. If you wait too long for the perfect moment, the perfect moment will pass you by.
12. If you're waiting for a sign...this is it. Do it. It will be amazing!
13. Be kind - for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice list. Thank you.

jenn said...

I love the second one...so true!
happy tt!

Deann said...

I love them all!! Great list!

Ivÿ said...

#2 & 4 is what I believe in to.

#5 is something I, as a mountaineer, adhere to...:)

awesome list you have here.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful set of quotes. So true. So very true.

SandyCarlson said...

All are wonderful. Seems to me an underlying theme is compassion.

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Great words to live by. I really like #2. Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

"9. I am me & that's who I want to be."
I've been hearing this over and over in my head too, from that Camp Rock Disney movie - Here I am, this is me. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. No more hiding who I want to be. (or something like it)

great TT! :)

Anonymous said...

Those are great quotes! I used the tattoo quote on a post of my own awhile back!

Have a great TT!