12.13.2010

Decked out for the Holidays

And so begins the tour of my home.  When we bought our home there was this random box, that actually has some pipes in it, so is used to disguise them.  The Hubs, the handy man he is built me these shelves for on top.  Honestly, the completely stump me every season/holiday.  Just went simple this year without overloading them and I'm in love with the girls' monogrammed stockings I got this year at Target. .  On the door is a raffia and button wreath, actually have two of them, on opposites sides of the room, my mom and aunt made them.  On top of our linen cabinet is a ball tree my mom made and a small jingle bell wreath.  


Here's another shot of our tree and a very old Santa made by my mom with a clorox bottle - which has been around since I was a little kid! 

Small shelving unit on the other side of the tree.  This is Avalynn proof - at least the bottom 2 shelves anyways.  The girls' new little people nativity set that they both love to play with!  Top shelf has some yo-yo trees my mom made and in the glass jars are some modge-podged glittered and tissue papered balls that my sister-in-law made for me.


Here's the top of the shelving unit.  I made these JOY plaques last year.  The copper button tree was made by my aunt.  


Just a simple stuffed stocking pillow in my "Mom" corner - they are so soft and comfy! 

This poor reindeer was saved this year.  I confiscated it from my parents who picked it up for a couple bucks over the summer and it was this hideous peeling silver color.  She looks SO MUCH better with a couple coats of glossy black paint.  Next year she'll look even better with a beautiful poinsettia.

Close-up of some other handmade items that are on the shelving in the living room. 

Now we're entering the dining room - love this little corner, ladder done by mom one year and the little reindeer was made by my mother-in-law.  

Built-in corner cabinet in the dining room.  Some hand painted items from my Nanny and a few things that Emma has made over the last couple of years. 

This nativity set was made by my father-in-law.  For 3 years we got 3 pieces to the set and 6 of them are holding glass candlesticks and globes that you can pour some oil in and light them.  We haven't lit them ever - perhaps some day.  Don't let the size of them deceive you in this picture, they are well over 12 inches tall. 

Simple set-up on the buffet, still trying to figure decorating this area.  The ornament tree is filled with hand painted balls from the Hubs Gramma that we get every year, it's so exciting what she decides to paint each year.  In the middle is a cloche I made from a cheese dome and candle base.  On the end is a piece from PartyLite I got several years ago.  Everything got a coat of glossy black paint - love it! 

Closer look of the ornament tree and a close up of a couple of the balls. 


Close-up of the cloche, filled with glittery garland that I tore apart. 

On our table is a pair of mercury glass and a cream ceramic candle base with some red pillars.  It's simple and easy to clear off for meals.  

Thanks for looking through my home.  I'm joining The Nester in her Christmas Tour of Home 2010.   You should hop on over and check out some of the other lovely homes that are linked up!

Photobucket

No comments: