7.11.2011

Banana Bread Recipe

A couple weeks ago while blog hopping through a linky party, I came across this banana bread recipe.  I’ve tried several different ones over the past years and think I’ve officially found my keeper.

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sour milk (1/2 tsp lemon juice & milk to 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- *OPTIONAL: add in 1/2 cup of nuts or chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients.  Lightly grease pan.  Bake 50-60 mins. 

Have made this twice so far in a bundt pan and it has come out perfect both times.

Also, this is as much fun for the girls’ to help me make it.  I throw the bananas in a gallon bag and hand it over to them after I make sure it’s sealed real well and let them mash them up to their hearts content. 

IMG_8592

No comments: