3.27.2011

Gramma’s Two Layer Jello

 

I’m sure there is an actual name for this Jello treat, but for me it’s always been Gramma’s specialty.  A couple years ago, I asked her for the recipe and the first couple times it never turned out how hers had, but I think it’s because I didn’t stir enough during each stage to make sure things were dissolved.  This is a favorite in our house and a must during all summer picnics. 

Ingredients/Directions: Combine 2 pkg’s Knox Gelatin with 1/2 cup of cold water.  Add 3oz pkg of Jello, any flavor.  Add in 1 1/2 cups hot water (either heat some water up in the microwave or on the stove, hot tap water won’t work!).  Stir and stir until everything is dissolved.  Mix in 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream.  Pour into a dish (I use a rectangle brownie pan), chill.  Cut into squares and serve.

IMG_7571

3 comments:

Myya said...

Another blog I read did a post on this a couple weeks ago. Definitely something grandma taught :) Looks yummy!

Deann said...

I don't Jell-O, but those look yummy even to me! I think I'll make that when the in-laws come next...she loves these kinds of desserts!

Unknown said...

That looks so good!! Must put gelatin and heavy cream on my shopping list now.