3.23.2011

DIY–Burp Cloths & Diaper Cake

One of my Besties is due with her 1st baby the end of May.  Her shower is next weekend so I knew I needed to get moving on her present.  I worked on this throughout the whole day and am SO happy with how everything turned out. 
First up, the burp cloths.  As I’m sure most of you have seen across blog land there are tons of tutorials on how to make these.  I wasn’t sure if I wanted to use Emily’s tutorial, here, or Jill’s tutorial, here.  In the end, I decided to go with Emily’s.  I looked around Etsy and ordered some fat quarters of vintage sheets from this shop.  Then headed to Target and picked up one bath towel in a color that I thought would go with all of them. 

These were super easy to whip together and I can’t wait to make more for some other friends who are pregnant and our little bun in the oven too.  Here’s how mine turned out.
IMG_7504
IMG_7507

Diaper Cake
My Ingredients:
1 large box of size 1 diapers
2 bottles of body wash
2 packs of cleansing wipes
2 wipeable bibs
6 pairs of socks
1 outfit
1 pack of Binks
1 teether
3 burp cloths
1 stuffed, pull-y toy for the top
1 spool of curling ribbon
base to put the finished product one – mine is actually on a large pizza pan until I get something else

Directions:  Roll each diaper and tie with ribbon.  It helped me to build all 3 layers at the same time so I could see how many diapers I had left.  Bottom layer is 4 rounds of diapers, Middle is 3 rounds, and the Top is 2.  On the last round I placed in the extra goodies I had.  For the very top I places the stuffed toy.  I really hope she loves it as much as I have loved making it for her.  Now for the pics (sorry for the poor lighting, it’s rainy/dreary here today).
IMG_7508

IMG_7509

I'm linking up to some of these fabulous parties! Specifically, Blue Cricket Design, My Backyard Eden, Somewhat Simple, Shabby Chic Cottage, It's a Keeper, House of Hepworths, Rhinestone Beagle,

8 comments:

Melissa said...

This is super cute! You did a beautiful job!

Christina @ It's a Keeper said...

Hi! This looks awesome! I host a weekly blog hop -- It's a Keeper Thursdays. I'd love for you to stop by and link up!

Thanks!
Christina @ It's a Keeper
http://www.everydaytastes.com/

Jaime said...

So adorable! I found you over on Rhinestone Beagles Linky Party, and now a new follower! Thanks for sharing. :-)

stitch2buttercups.blogspot.com

Rhinestone Beagle said...

So cute. Your friend is lucky to have you around. I love how you wrote the "recipe" for the diaper cake. Thanks for linking up!

The Rusty Bucket said...

If I get pregnant again, I'm totally inviting you!
-Bethanie

Myya said...

PERFECT gift & ohhhh sooo cute!!!

Deann said...

I love the burp cloths!! I would have paid big $$ for some of those during the reflux days!

The diaper cake is too cute! She's going to LOVE it all!!

Vanessa Hewell said...

Your burp clothes are awesome! Love that vintage fabric :)