Things we did differently/tips:
- Instead of buying a roll (250ft, cost $40) we bought 3-12ft cords, found with the light supplies for $6 each. This gave us 18 strands to hook up the jars to.
- Instead of washer's we just used some square things the Hubby had laying around.
- When drilling the holes in the lids, we screwed each lid center to the same jar, so all of the metal droppings would go into that jar and I wouldn't have to clean out 18 of them.
- After you figure out lengths you want the cords/jars, this step is done before tightening the hose clamp, once it is installed you'll need to move the jars around again to get the look you had before, the jars won't stay in the exact same place.
- When figuring out the lengths of the cords we had the hose clamp around them loosely. Then we wrapped masking tap right below where we had the hose clamp, this way we could take off the clamp to slip the cap on and knew exactly where we wanted to put it back on.
Here's some pictures of making it and the final results. We are SO HAPPY with how this turned out. Thanks again Kara for the wonderful tutorial! I'll be linking to these parties.
Picture of the jars in the case.