7.16.2012

Motivation to Workout & Playlists



So, let's be honest - I definitely do NOT always want to workout.  So, when I don't want to, I just remember this quote I see pop up quite frequently on my Insta-feed "I never regret the workout I did, but I will regret the workout I didn't do." <- Honestly, how true is that though!  

Great example of this was Friday.  It was one of those days with the kids', as soon as the Hubs' came home and saw me he said to me, it looks like we both are having the same kind of day.  He just wanted to stay home and relax and I just wanted to go - after an evening of errands by myself, came home to help get the littles to bed and unload the vehicle.  He kicked me out of the house, forcing me to the gym, he knew I had wanted to go, but at that point I was just feeling drained.  So, I went and worked out HARD for an hour and 20 mins! I pushed myself and left there feeling even more drained, but in a good way.  Do you get that workout high?


Here's a screen shot from my cardio.  So, this first one is a machine called an Adaptive Motion Trainer, I swear if I could fall in love with a machine - this baby would be it!  You are dripping in sweat and it's easy on the joints which I love, plus that was 50 minutes and the calorie burn is incredible!!!  And then I did 6.5 miles on the bike in the 2nd screen shot.  

And trust me I know how easy it is to come up with excuses on not working out, whether a quick workout at home or going to the gym.  But in actuality a 1 hour workout is only 4% of your day.  Even 20 minutes would be better then 0 minutes! 

The next thing that helps motivate a good workout is of course having a great workout playlist.  I've been working on getting mine compiled.  I originally googled workout playlists - there are tons of great lists out there.  A pretty cool site I stumbled across is jog.fm, or they have a walking or cycling version as well, you put in your pace per mile, and it'll bring up songs that go with that pace.  So, if you have a 9 minute mile when jogging it tailors songs to that.  You should definitely check it out if you do any of those 3 things.

These are just a couple I've found I like and keep my pace up:
  
- Pitbull - Shake Senora & Something For the DJ's
- Beyonce - Get Me Bodied
- Gym Class Heroes - The Fighter & Ass Back Home 
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Cher Lloyd - Want U Back & Superhero
- Karmin - Brokenhearted
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger 
- LMFAO - Sexy and I know it

So, what do you do to stay motivated to workout?  What is on your playlist that just really keeps you pumped while doing your workout?  




Pin It

No comments: