2.22.2012

Banana Bread Recipe




I got this from a fellow mom in my mom group.  What I love, is that she tried several banana bread recipes over the years and has narrowed it down to this one.  And honestly, it's basically amaze-balls! 

Meghan's Banana Bread
1 C room temp unsalted butter
2 C sugar
1 C vanilla yogurt
2 C mashed bananas - 3 bananas
4 lg eggs, room temp and well beaten
2 1/2 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
Optional - 1/2 C nuts or chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.  Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add yogurt, bananas, and eggs.  Beat until well mixed.  Mix dry ingredients and blend, do not overmix!  Pour into 2 greased loaf pans or 1 bundt pan.  Bake for 55 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool on a rack for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.

Here's my notes: 
- I use salted butter for everything, still tastes good! 
- Have made this twice, first time did 1 lg loaf and 2 mini loafs, the mini loafs were done between 25-30 minutes.  Second time I did it in a bundt pan and I had a horrible time getting it fully done and was afraid it'd burn.  So definitely think I'll stick to the loaf pans. 
- I put in chocolate chips and definitely don't measure it out, just throw in some handfuls.  I like my chocolate. 

If you make this, let me know what you think! 

Pin It

2 comments:

Amber - Binkertation said...

For the sake of research, I'll make this soon and give you a review - sounds DIVINE! :)

Mamarazzi said...

hey doll...check your email i sent a note and need a reply so i can tell your partner she can send your package!!