So, 3 weeks ago, Jan. 6th, I decided that excuses of my weight need to be stopped and I'm going to change my eating habits and make myself healthy. The little one is getting older and more active and I want to be able to run with her. I wasn't quite sure what road I was planning to go down, but then a bunch of ladies at work were talking about starting this high protein diet, eat 5 times a day, approx. consuming 1200-1300 calories. I will admit that number seems ridiculously low. Right? But really, I am forcing myself to eat stuff for my 3 meals and 2 snacks, b/c I'm just not hungry. The good news, this is def. something easy for me to stick with and it's pretty already a habit at this point.
Yesterday for my weigh-in I finally broke my first 10 lbs. I really couldn't be ecstatic. I just wanted to share my joy in this small feat among the overall big one I have ahead of me. :o)
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
I've been reading these for months and always enjoy them, so figured, I mind as well make my own attempt.
I DID NOT slap the husband in the middle of the night, to wake him up so he could go tend to the little one because she was crying. I would never do that on a night he has to wake up for work. Nope NOT ME!
I DID NOT make chicken of some form for the 4th day in a row. My dieting has made our freezer be stocked with chicken and nothing else, b/c I haven't been to the store. And now the family is suffering.
I DID NOT guilt the husband into helping me around the house Sunday, when he was just as content watching golf all day, nope NOT ME!
I DID NOT hurt my finger playing guitar hero with the husband this weekend. I wouldn't keep challenging him to play just so I can beat him, even though now it hurts to bed my finger, nope NOT ME!
My thoughts, your heart gets a pumping, my sides and legs were hurting by the end of each song. And who doesn't like finding some new movements especially with their hips. I know the hubs liked the few moves I showed him when I got home.
So, I think if you have the chance, take a Zumba class, the time flies by, you have fun and get a great cardio workout!
My Hot Spots that Need IMMDIATE attention:
- The Bathroom Closet, which is all bathroom ammenities, plus cleaning supplies for the house.
- The Kitchen Cabinets and Drawers - I just do not even want to go there, a lot of wasted space for stuff we just DO NOT USE!
- The buffets in my dining room, you can bet that any misc. stuff just gets tossed into the puppies so am a little scared to see what will be lurking.
- The back half of the basement which consists of Emma's Clothes she's grown out of and all of those big spaced Baby Toy/Items. How is it that one little person can accumulate SO MUCH!!!
Not only that but I swear clutter just begins to suffocate you. It really is so nice to go through things, get rid of what you don't use and then be able to really enjoy the space.
Are you the Type of Person who just CAN'T throw things out/Donate them?
- You must. If you've never used, haven't used it in the last 6 months etc. then get rid of it. Decide whether it's actual trash or to be donated, sold at consignment, or hold a big yard sale. You will feel better as you get rid of things.
I personally do not have a problem holding on to things, you can tell when I'm cleaning out, because I accumulate bags and bags (the 60 gallon bags) out on my porch to be tossed or taken to my gramma's for a yard sale this spring. I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood knows on trash day when we line it all up. Lols, but in the end it feels good! Sentimental things are different, and even then there comes a time if they are just taking over but packed away and not enjoying them, get rid of them! I personally love filling up bags of stuff that are leaving my house one way or another and getting it out!
So, who wants to join in on the fun? You know you want to. Your home, family and you will be happier and enjoy it all the more at the end! So join the Mission with me and let's share our tips & tricks.
Our Christmas was wonderful. We are so lucky and very blessed by our loved ones. We had our final Christmas last weekend. Still have some presents to put away and outside decorations to take down, but all in time right?
New Year's was a great time spent with friends. And New Year's day we got to witness my aunt's annual polar bear dip in front of her house. Too cold for us though. And spent the afternoon at Sesame Street Live.
Today, is my birthday, turned the big 2-4! Woo-HOO! I took the plunge and finally got my tattoo that I've been wanting. It's beautiful and I love it. Unfortunately bad weather canceled our original plans but the day turned out wonderful anyways.
For some reason on birthdays and perhaps it's just because it's the new year, it's a time for reflections and things I want to change.
- I finally feel like I'm in a good place, and that feels good!
- I'm putting my health up to the top of my list. Am getting serious about making myself and my family healthy!
- This year I'm going to finish decluttering my house. November and December I really started and in this process of getting out all of that junk, I've finally fallen in love with our home and it is a home, no longer just a house. I love being here.
- Venturing on new and exciting things such as opening an Etsy store with my dear friend Deann, will keep posted on the grand opening and everything.
- Being more serious with our money and getting us back on budget, I did so well the end of last year and the past month or so have fallen off of the wagon some. Time to hop back on.
- Taking more time for my friends and family members.
It feels good to get all of these things down and out. I myself and heading up to bed, tons of pictures I'll be sharing throughout the week of our holidays, room flips, some projects, awesome homemade gifts we got and bday celebrations.
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Kathleen at email@example.com.
This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.