9.06.2009

After Pregnancy...

your body will never go back to how it was before. This has never bothered me, it's part of the passage of motherhood and worth it for the life we are able to bring into the world.

Last night, mother in law invited us over for dinner, we had 3 showings yesterday I wasn't about to turn down a meal that I don't have to clean up, and she invited the hubs uncle. Afterwards, we were all sitting around chatting and he was talking about his neighbors (our soon to be neighbors in 1 1/2 months as we are buying his house), and how the wife was very beautiful but she hasn't been able to lose all of the baby weight, since having her son earlier this year. And then he turns to me, no offense. Um, wtf?, I lost all of my "pregnancy" weight with Emma, yeah my body shape might be a little different but honestly? You're going to talk to me about my weight? He who has for 40 some years been extremely overweight and just in the past year and a half loss a massive amount 130+lbs. Perhaps it's just me, but just because you've finally had your wake up call and done something about it doesn't mean you can judge.

Some men seem to only see the Hollywood version of moms who go right back to how they previously looked and have this idea that is how it really is. Puh-leaze! Your bodies change just as much as ours over the years but for some reason it's ok for you, and yet you don't go through carrying children, your only excuse is age and gravity.

Pregnacy hormones are running very strong - as I didn't express any of this to him, the hubs had to be subjected to my steam let off, some of the ride home. Thank you honey for being understanding and just listening, I swear I will be back to me in a few months and not so RAWR'ing at people as much.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through babycenter, I'm on the Feb 2010 board too. Just stopping by to read a bit, I like your blog! And I can't believe the nerve of people who dare bring up your weight... I had some girls at work tell me to my face how they are never going to have children because it ruins your body and your life. Excuse me? My body is not ruined, and my life is wonderful to me! Hope you have a good day!

Linda said...

You worked HARD for that body. Having a baby is work and it is a small price to pay for that precious little bundle. Love yourself as you are. We can always work on making ourselves a little better. But live in the here and now.

Dr.John said...

The baby is worth it. Your hub can put up with a little ranting by you.

Unknown said...

Some people just don't think before they speak - and those are usually the "Do as I say, not as I do" kind of people. It's ok for them to have gained a few pounds aging, but not ok for a mom to look different than before. My FIL made a comment the day after I gave birth to Noah... about me looking like I was still pregnant... insert thoughts here.
Good for you for having such an understanding husband who let you go on your (well deserved) rant!

Valerie said...

Hello! Just discovered your blog through 20sb 

My name is Valerie and I am working as an intern for a website named HerFuture.com and basically it's a wonderful tool to create connections and mentoring relationships with other likeminded women. It's just very inspiring and I met amazing people there! I think you might be interested in checking it out. There are many groups called Power Posses for all type of subjects including health, career opportunities, self growth …etc. Members share their goals and desires, and are encouraged to reach out for advice. It is really a wonderful place and there is such a great positive energy out there. It’s so regenerative!

If you have any questions about it, I'd be more than happy to answer it :)

Anyway, I'm on the website if you decide to create a profile, so don't hesitate to add me and I could introduce you to some other people depending on what you’re looking for.

Hannah said...

Sometimes we are all guilty for speaking before thinking. Glad you have the sort of hubby who can handle the vent sessions. Hope all goes well with your pregnancy!