6.28.2012

DIY - Jewelry Cleaner



Courtesy of Pinterest I came across an at home way to clean my jewelry.  I was excited to find this recipe as it was all things I had on hand, and nothing harmful! 

What you'll need: 
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Dish Soap
- 1 C Water
- 1 PC Aluminum Foil 

Directions: 
- Heat the water up in the microwave for 1 or 2 minutes. 
- Cut a pc of foil that will cover the bottom of a bowl, like a cereal bowl. 
- Pour the hot water in the bowl.  Pour in the remaining ingredients.  Place in your jewelry - let it stand for 5-10 minutes. Rinse jewelry in cool water and wipe off with a soft cloth.  Discard solution after each use. 

This has worked great with all of my jewelry - have even used it on some of my great grandmother's pieces that have been handed down to me.  I also use a soft toothbrush to scrub the stones on some of my pieces. 
 

Here's a picture of the aluminum foil after a cleaning - see that the darkness on the foil?  That's all of the junk it got off my jewelry. 
 

Pin It

No comments: